Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Plans for the weekend

They include a weekend camping trip to the Folsom Lake Campground. It's close and it's available, and we went there a lot when the kids were young, camping as well as a Sunday now and then at the lake. Steve & his family, and Jeannie and her family, and I will camp for the weekend, with daytime visits from my sister, niece, and who knows. I'm looking forward to it but just don't know where to start with getting everything together - some of my gear still isn't put away from previous trips.

I returned the Canon to Costco and got my money back. They didn't have another camera in the store with a view finder, even the more expensive ones. I know that most serious photographers, amateur as well as professional, prefer a view finder. So why has it been decided that we will now have to look at a small screen held at arm's length to take a picture, and who decided it? I will eventually buy what I want online, but I'd really like to see it first hand before purchasing it.

After at least two months of no gastric distress from taking a daily aspirin, the distress has come back to make me feel like hell! I'm between a rock and a hard place - take a blood thinner or risk a stroke. If I ever have to be dependent on others to take care of me, I am ready to join Lady and Mandy and Smoky.

Nothing else to write about, but maybe I'll have something later on during the week.

6 comments:

  1. Your absolutely right about anyone with a serious interest in photography prefering a viewfinder. It's just simple common sense & I might write something about that in an upcoming post. It's not like a camera can't have both because they can. I have a Canon point & shoot Powershot A730 that has both a veiwfinder & a display screen. I 'always' use the view finder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a view finder person also. Don't care for those display screens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with aspirin. I take one every other day. It's the best I can do.

    I'd love to have a viewfinder but I've gotten used to the screen after 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using the Canon Powershot A1200HD with the results seen on my blog. It has proven to be a good and very cheap camera. Under $100 on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the camera has evolved as it has to meet the demands of all the point and shoot folks, who far and away outnumber the few who see themselves as photographers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I like my Kodaks got both off Ebay...I know Canon and Nikon have the market all sewn up but its a dandy camera! ITs not a DSLR but its what is known as a bridge camera...Unfortunately Kodak is having major financial probs. I have the Z-980 its a super camera..with a 24X digital zoom, and has a view finder and takes awesome photos...the cost depends but its in the $280 range. ITs not a pocket camera by any means... I also have the Z-712 its smaller, less Digapix but its also a good camera with a digital zoom..they TAKE a beating and I take it along when I do my waterfall hikes on Eastern mtn trails and you know how that is!!

    ReplyDelete